Eastern Shovel-Nosed Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic looks like Chionactis occipitalis or Western Shovel-nosed Snake to me.

So I can only get one in America ?? really ?

No but they are native there.You could probably get them in Europe etc but as you already know you can't keep them here legally.

When you google the scientific name on that site linked above, it shows a different snake ;)

FYI, if you google eastern shovel nosed snake and click images, there's a pic of you Torah lol.

No but they are native there.You could probably get them in Europe etc but as you already know you can't keep them here legally.

I just checked my species list and it says im allowed to keep them :?

When you google the scientific name on that site linked above, it shows a different snake ;)

FYI, if you google eastern shovel nosed snake and click images, there's a pic of you Torah lol.

huh ? really ? what ? your kidding yah ?

omg your not kidding I just googled it , how did that happen ??? grrr

Try it, you'll see lol.

We can keep Simoselaps australis, but the snake you pictured, doesn't look like that.

Should probably start on keeping a little bit different to a python before jumping in the fire.
GTS or BTS.

i have never seen a Simoselaps for sale yet but i would Love to know a breeder....

Besides, it wouldn't be the easiest species to keep. The Aussie one I mean.

The snake in the pic is a Mohave Shovel-nosed Snake (Chionactis occipitalis occipitalis) ( or some thing similar ) it's not from here , you can not keep it ...
The one you can keep here are completely different, have a look here AROD > Reptiles / Squamata / Elapidae / Brachyurophis | ReptilesDownUnder.com

Thanx heaps , I think maybe I got the pic a little confused ! lol

Besides, it wouldn't be the easiest species to keep. The Aussie one I mean.

really ? little more info . Im really just looking for something abit different , I have pythons atm and just wanted to try something different maybe ill go with what Jannico said and get a GTS or BTS ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back