Eating problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tys-mart

Reaction score
hey everyone i have resently got a childrens python he is 8 months old and i got him from Dolittle farm.
he is not eating at the moment and i am not to woried but i was just wondering if anybody has any handy tips to feed my little python (hes eating fuzzies)

I have had trouble with a heat pad meaning it was falty i think that could be part of the reason he is not eating i am going to leave him for seven days just to settle in again if anyone as a different opinion please let me know.

Regards,
Tys-mart

Need more info..

What are you keepin it in, how long have you had it, what are the temps at the moment etc etc.

If it's not warm it won't eat.

Other than that , try putting a pin hole in the mouses head and squeese a bit of brain juice out and leave it in the hide with the snake, that works for my childreni that won't take food from me.

Have you fed him a fuzzie yourself?? if not, try him on a smaller pinkie to see if he will start on something like that.

i am keeping it in a Click Clack i have had it for just over a week or so and it is about 30 at one end where the heat mat is but this has only been so for one day since we found that we had a faulty heat pad

Regards,
Tys-mart

Give it a week to warm up then and try out feeding, if that fails then leave the mouse in with it, that mostly works as that's what I was told to do on here when my little one wouldnt eat.

Does it strike at the fuzzy when you lower it or do you leave the fuzzy in the cage?
Have you tried to stimulate feeding by tracking the fuzzy over its body?

Ensure temp is around 30-32 degrees C with the fuzzy thawed and warmed.
If still not feeding give it another few days.

I had a couple of childreni a few years ago that liked the taste of cod liver oil on its food, so I used to brush a little bit on the heads and back. If it wasn't brushed it wouldn't take anything else no matter how I tried.

It bites constricts then lets go after a minute or two and sometimes it just bites at random

Regards'
Tys-mart

Ditto. Maintain the temp. Let it settle. Then try again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back