Eating problems-hellp!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymeemccann

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My 8 month old eastern beardie has not eaten anything since i got him a week ago.
i know he might be still settling in, but how long will that take till he decises to eat?

i have tried crickets and hes just not interested. fruit and veges are just as hopeless.

please if you have any hints on how i should or what i should feed him please tell me.

Also he seems to see his reflection in the glass alot and always wants to go there.
could this mean hes lonely. he did have alot of brothers and sisters. would he be happier with a friend? please help me :?

*sigh* If you reseached you'd know... 38-40c basking.. 20-25 cool end..

bump the temps up to 43ish,..

if hes not eating @ all get some bearded dragon pellets, soak them in hot water till theyre mushy and drip drops on beardies nose with a plastic feeding syringe.
use a fingernail to gently press between his lips so he tastes it and he'll start lapping it up. add a pinch of calcium ofcourse,...
i've never had any dragons refuse that, tehy all seem to love it.

at least that way hes getting some food and staying well hydrated till he starts eating the crickets.

has he had a fecal? ..heavy parasite loads can affect their appetite, and stress (ie from moving) can increase parasite loads..

no he wouldnt be happier with a friend, only females can really live reasonably happily together, my 4 females are ok together, (obviously theres still a heirachy and some like to try and move up in the food chain occasionally) but my boy lives in a seperate room cos hes a monster. :) (dont get me wrong, i love him, but the girls dont,..)

if his reflections bothering him cover teh reflective side with paper,... :)

nine times out of ten the problem with non-feeding reptiles is that the temperature of the enclosure is too low or too high. check the temps and get a reliable thermostat, not an on-off one but one that actually lessens the power of the heat source instead of turning it on and off.

nine times out of ten the problem with non-feeding reptiles is that the temperature of the enclosure is too low or too high. check the temps and get a reliable thermostat, not an on-off one but one that actually lessens the power of the heat source instead of turning it on and off.
Don't need a thermostat for a bearded.. No point in it, just get the right bulb and monitor... Unless your using a heatmat which is bad for 'em.

yeah, i dont use a thermostat with mine,..well,..i guess i kinda do i sometimes get home from work in teh middle of summer on super hot days and the lights are off, but the basking area would be over 55C when that happens, so its a good thing.

its not one of the ones with a probe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back