*EEEP* Pest exterminator coming next week!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well my very informative mother just told me that a pest inspector is coming next week to suss out any termites, and I'm guessing spray around skirting boards, under the house etc.

I have two young central bearded dragons in my room.

Mum thinks I can just take the dragons out of the room while the guy does his thing, but my dad and myself are worried about the after-smells.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

I'm hoping that if they don't touch my room, then if I keep the door closed, and window open then [the dragons] won't be affected.

Or do I have a great dilemma on my hands, and need to take them off the premises temporarily?

It would be best to relocate them for a couple of days, however as most people find this hard to do, block all vents with a wet towel or handtowel and make sure all ventilation to the room is fully open for at least two days to remove residual gases. If you can speak to the guy doing the spraying, ask what he is using and if he has come across a house with reptiles before and what he recomends is the best course of action.

Duke, a couple of beardies won't be in the way. Give me a yell if you need them looked after. I don't have any spare enclosures though and I think you've got them in that huge tank.....

However, as you said, if they keep away from your room, you close the door and open the window I think they will be fine. Move your crickets too if they are anywhere near it!!!

Not sure if I would accept the word of a pest controller though when it came to the health of my animals......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back