Eel-Tailed Catfish!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, I just did the math assuming they sell the fish for $60. Let's say you take the 6 fish, they effectively get you fish for about $6 due to markup. They then sell your fish for $60 effectively making 1000 percent profit.. That's not business, that's criminal!

$18 bucks is a fair price, obviously petshops are going to make a profit they are a business. If you want to get stuffed around and waste a heap of your time sell it privately, you might even get a few extra dollars. Personally i would chop it up for my animals to eat rather than risk it going into substandard care(make sure to remove the venomous spike).

If you take the $18, take it in cash. You don't want to be ripped off twice by the same people. A car salesman tried the same on me once. I had two cars to trade towards a new one. The salesman said the best he could offer on my two cars was $10,000 towards trade in as he had to make a profit on the sale of the used cars. I asked him isn't he making a profit on the sale of the new car also. He didn't know how to answer... I did, I called him a brainless twit, walked out and got $29,000 for the same two cars from the car yard a few kilos up the road :)

cris who said anything about it going into substandard care..? That's a pretty big assumption..

cris who said anything about it going into substandard care..? That's a pretty big assumption..

Most petshops have substandard care as do heaps of private keepers, therefore selling it can risk it going into substandard care. Mine ended up in the freezer after it started stabbing one of my turtles(didnt have anywhere else to keep it), a few bucks from the petshop vs good fresh fish that you cant buy at a reasonable price. I think by goannas and turtles think i made the right choice.

Ive been away 4 a couple of days havent worried bout selling it yet i have a mate which breeds fish asking some of his mates if they want to buy him. Still unsure bout the price but i am just gunna take the best offer cheers

i was in an aquarium shop today and made me wonder what ended up happening with your cattie ?? so what happened ??

i reackon u could easily get close to $100 for him judgeing from prices of fish from a couple of pet shops.. but probly do a bit more research on a couple of different websites

Does anyone know where to get fingerlings of tandanus, they seen\m to be a bit hard to get hold of, must be the drought.

Aquarium shops will usually give you 30% of shop price as store credit, that's a pretty standard thing in my experience.

Hey Mate yes i agree with what the others said you should be looking at a bit more then that for him/her. Also did you grow it up from a baby or is he/she wild caught just curious as you put age between 1 to 2 year old.

Cheers Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back