Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed Kupres. Thanks for all the information everyone. Adder, thumbs up little man, my dad was bringing me home wild caught browns and tigers when I was your age so playing with whippy's isn't a bad thing.

No you have to be over 18. BUT...as long as the license is in the parents name there is nothing stopping anyone under 18 keeping them.

I think under 18 is OK for their own licence in Victoria with parental permission.

I was just amazed what Vic law was ...thats all ...it shouldnt surprise me after all you guys are allowed to have crocs...something we up here envy you for...

They need parental concenct RBBB. It is no different to someone in NSW or QLD getting their elapid cat or cert or whatever it is and then allowing their underage son/daughter to buy and keep a venomous snake. I'm sure there'd be plenty of elapid keepers that'd let their kids keep a marsh snake or whip snake or curl snake on the parents lic. After all it is just a whip snake.

And before people remind me about the guy who died from a whip snake bite a couple of years ago wasn't that anaphylaxis?

no I am not against it ..truth be told there are probably some smarter kids out there then some so called adult snake handlers ...I think good on him ..and wish out of 4 kids at least one of them loved them as much as me ..but anyway maybe one of my future grandbubs will :)

anapahalaxis is a personal response like a bee sting ect i got bitten by a whip snake and tripped balls for a day where as my brother got bit and didnt even phase him ahd a head ache for an hour

I was just amazed what Vic law was ...thats all ...it shouldnt surprise me after all you guys are allowed to have crocs...something we up here envy you for...

You have to remember Vic kids are a lot smarter then Qld kids too, so its all good:)

Not sure Moose but I'm guilty of doing it over and over again. I guess i through in a black somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back