elapid owners

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sassy

Reaction score
hey, just wondering how many of u guys out there own venom producing scalies? and what have u got?

Mostly i want to know how and when u got into it/them? seems a pretty big jump in confidence / responsiblility / insanity? (just kidding i would love to) :p to go from being happy handling pythons etc to elapids...
i know u theres the courses and all that... but still? just curious and i would love some in depth answers and pics :)

I got into them about thirty years ago but have never kept much more than two or three tigers at a time along with the odd copperhead. I find tigers to be very calm and easy to handle. I can PM some pics if you like.

We keep a few blacksnakes, tigers, death adders, brown snakes, and inland taipans.

Got into it through sheer fascination. Handled a few vens at a mate's place, then started with our first elapids a couple of months after that (which were Collett's snakes - Pseudechis colletti).

Cheers,
Austy.

Ive pretty much kept everything over the years, ie both taipans, various tiger spp, the 3 copperheads, all the black snakes, different adders, stevens, roughies etc.
I used to breed them but would have major problems getting rid of them so ended up switching over to pythons a few years back.

wow elapid68,...u have some amazing photos!!!

...more amazing photos,..!!

its hard to decide which ones i like best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back