Emerald spotted tree frogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tys-mart

Reaction score
Hi guys,

just wondering if any body has any information on the feeding habits of emerald spotted tree frogs

ive been doing some research and i cant find anything about there diet

(at the moment they are just staring at crickets....)

any help would be great

Cheers

Gday tys-mart.

Newbie to the site here, thought this would be a good place to start posting.

The Emeral Spotted Tree frog, otherwise known as the Perons Tree Frog (Litoria peronii ) will survive more than happily on crix. They have the same feeding habits as most other medium to large tree frogs.

Feed them crix every 2nd day (everyday if still juvies), dusting the crix with Calcium/Vit D3 supplement every second or third feed.

They will eat almost any insect (fly's, crix roaches etc.) as long as they are appropriately sized. A lot of people will warn you mealies as they can cause impaction due to the hard outer shell. If you do decide to feed them fly's or roaches, be carefull if you catch them. You never know if they have come into contact with pesticides. I've heard a lot of people say not to worry about this, but I'd rather not take the risk with my herps!

I keep 5 different dpecies of frogs and feed them all the same diest, with no worries. I am actually trying to get ahold of som Emerald Spotted, and have asked around about feeding, I was told to keep the diet the same as what i was feeding my others.

Cheers
Nat

I forgot to mention..........

Make sure they have a full spectrum UVA / UVB light as it is crucial for digestion and calcium absorbtion. They will also display better colouring due to the UV.

I'm sure you already know, but i thought i'd point out the obvious :lol: just in case.

Nat

Hi Nat! lol

I feed mine mainly Roaches as I breed these myself, in addition I will give them flies and crickets occasionally to give them a bit of variety. I have found a couple of times when getting a new species that they may not eat one or the other depending on what they have already been fed on, if you don't think they are eating the crickets try flies and roaches.
As far as I am currently aware all Australian frogs are insectivorous.

You can pm me for other feeding tips if you are having problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back