Emerald Tree Monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
who's peter johnson? how can i get in touch with him?

I know someone that knows him so if you PM me I will get him to call you. Or maybe next time he is in Sunbury (quite often caase he has a client there) you could catch up with him.

And here is a pic of his Varanus Prasinus. The only problem as that the animal resides in Japan because it is illegal to actually import them back into Australia. They occur in New Guinea and also the Torres Straight Islands. Thankfully that does make them an Australian Native. I still ahve a good article about them from an American herp magazine that says they are very difficult to keep in captivity. I think they are hard because most of them are still wild caught and when they have a few captive bred generations under their belt they will become a lot easier (look at Chondros and Frill Necks as an example)

Anecdotely, I have heard of them being in collections in Qld but there are definitely none being held legally in NSW. Perhaps they are merely the Oenpelli of lizards.

But my dear friends. Please be patient.

Attachments

• Prasinus 1.jpg
    Prasinus 1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Prasinus 3.jpg
    Prasinus 3.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back