enclosure brick wall

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drinkies

Not so new Member
Reaction score
after handling my antaresias in my fave chair next to a brick wall,all of them love climbing the wall. after some thoughts or suggestions as to making a faux brick wall wall for an enclosure.looking at 45cm wide and deep and about 1200 high,so real bricks not an option as it would be too top heavy.vinyl tiles too flat a design for snakes to climb.cmon clever herpers what ya got?

could you use polystyrene like the backgrounds at petshops, etch out grooves and paint it to look like brick?

was thinking along those lines but have a lot on atm.brick display boards are sort of what i'm after.cut thin and stuck on a board.where do you buy the outside bit of bricks in bulk from?need a diamond saw

I've sent a PM for a Qld link, i dont think the mods like linking to non sponsers-
they do individual brick faces, so it is possible to find the brick faces out there if you look.

Just get a diamond saw, and cut some thin slices of brick then stick em to the back of the enclosure problem solved!

i guess it depends on how you want it to look - smooth or rough faced.

you can get brick faces at bunnings. they have a pretty good range too.

yay.another trip to bunnies wharehouse.i'm thinking rough brick for texture and more rock like, and helps for shedding

Would you be able to paper mache and then seal it, for a backwall.and then paint it with that sandy feeling paint?i dunno about the products themselves,it's just an idea.

No reason why not, as long as it is well sealed. I don't think I'd do full 3D in paper mâché but a wall should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back