Enclosure Ideas for you

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Switch

Reaction score
Reptile Rascal,
Sounds great, always good to get fresh ideas from new brains.
The enclosures I am using at present are kinda temporary so they dont llok the best, not much substrate or rocks and branches, but the new ones will be awesome, I will have have a whole shed to use.
Ive included a picture of my incubator and my temp enclosures if you are interested.
Also I am an Electrical Contractor and i have my own company, we dispose of heaps of second hand electrical gear every month, some I keep for my enclosures and stuff. If you are interested I can put aside anything that might be of use for any of the members of this site, such as lights, switches and cable etc.
With my enclosures there is quite a bit involved with the automation side of it, probably forgot to keep it simple.
Each enclosure in the bank can have its own seperate day and night temperatures with each varying for different species. Eeach morning a timer runs an exhaust fan for whatever time you set it for, i have it at 30 minutes at the moment, this exhausts through a sealed void behind the electrical box at the front. Each enclosure has a vent into the void.
The day night settings adjust as the seasons change to allow longer and shorter light periods.
Also a company i do work for has pallets of particle board they throw out if anyone is interested, its used to deliver large drums of paper to a printing company, then is disposed of.
Normally the electrical box on the front is covered by a tall skinny door but i removed it to take the pictures.
This box allows me to have my thermostats all in one part and not in the enclosure where it can be damaged or get wet. Also in this box is a fan overide in case of a poop or something and a light overide which turns on the selected enclosures lights to a predetermined dimmed state to be able to check on them through the night without much disturbance. Also in the box you can isolate each enclosures fluro or heat light to turn off the enclosure when not in use or to do maintenance.
The small centre enclosure at the bottom is for my hatchlings when they pop.
The incubator is new and i am trialing different methods for humidity control, looking forward to cooking up some hatchlings soon.
If any ones got any questions on electrical i reckon i could help so just drop a line. [email protected]
Hope this inspires or helps in some way.
Sorry picture wont attach so i put it in my gallery
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back