Enclosure size?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

That_Guy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...
Got myself a SW carpet python (Morelia Spilota Imbricata) lined up to buy soon as my first python but im not sure if the enclosure ive lined up will be big enough slash too big...
1200X1200X600 is the size and im planning to buy a little Hatchy, 3/4 months old... Will this be too big for him at the start or wont he mind...
And how long do you guys reckon that this will last him?! Most of his life? Whole life?!
What size would be suitable or what do you guys have!!
Cheers guys
Much appreciated for the time

You might be best just buying a $15 plastic tub to house him in for now, so he feels more secure.

However that enclosure will be perfect for when hes bigger and will certainly be big enough to house him for his entire life :)

wouldnt put him in somthing that big yet..my mate jst got his 1st lil hatchie..and we set up a lil tank with heat mat..water..hide..thermo and all that..the tank was 1 foot high..1 foot deep and 2foot wide..but thr breeder from reptile city gave my mate a lil click clack and after the tank was set up we left hm in there under the news paper and took the lid off..after about 6hours he came out and has been out happy and feeding and had a shed so all went well...he will feel safe still in his little box and when he is ready he will come out 4 a look when he is ready :)

i say wait till he is a yearling then chuck him into that tank..just give him a few more hides at different elivations..and give him a perch close to its heat source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back