Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajandj

Reaction score
Just a couple of Q's. Soon we are moving to a bigger house (thank god) and what l want to do is get my father inlaw to build a cabnit. I would like to have 4 -6 enclosures, they will each be about 3 foot high and 4-5 feet long.
Does anyone have anything like this? If so, do you have problems housing different types of lizards or snakes next to each other? They would be able to see eachother but would they smell each other and could this be a problem?

I'm hoping to have a couple of beardies, maybe some geckos, bluetongues and if l get game enough l might venture into a small snake.

Also as they will be at least 2 high, does that effect heating?

Sorry for the newbie Q's, l just want to try and sort it out before l get the cabnit made. Any other suggestions would be greatly apreciated

Just a couple of Q's. Soon we are moving to a bigger house (thank god) and what l want to do is get my father inlaw to build a cabnit. I would like to have 4 -6 enclosures, they will each be about 3 foot high and 4-5 feet long.
Does anyone have anything like this? If so, do you have problems housing different types of lizards or snakes next to each other? They would be able to see eachother but would they smell each other and could this be a problem?

I'm hoping to have a couple of beardies, maybe some geckos, bluetongues and if l get game enough l might venture into a small snake.

Also as they will be at least 2 high, does that effect heating?

Sorry for the newbie Q's, l just want to try and sort it out before l get the cabnit made. Any other suggestions would be greatly apreciated
with them seeing each other it should be an issue , my lace can see my blue tounges and womas - even the birds. and sofar he hsnt broken the glass to getout and get them .
as for heating , double stacking [ if not more] will afect the heating- as heat rises . but thermostat controled heating will fix that [ u might find the very top enclosure thermostat wont need to be set as high as the lower enclosures]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back