Enclousers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Courtney93

Not so new Member
Reaction score
looking for advice on frogs. What size enclousers would be needed to house 2 green tree frogs, also an enclousers for red eyed frogs and an enclouser for magnificent frogs.

well done spelling enclosures.. :)

I personally don't own any frogs but i am pretty sure it doesn't matter how big the enclosure is just as long as its not to small, small would stress the frog but you can go as big as you like really! you just need enough space to fit a large water dish and some leaves and stuff like that for the frog to hide under.. I fed some frogs in an enclosure there would have been like 6 or 7 green tree frogs in the one enclosure and the enclosure really wasn't as big as you would think probably about 60 centimeters in length..

I hope I helped you a little bit..

:)

What ages are the frogs?

Are you planning on having a water area in the bottom or just having a water bowl?

How do you plan to heat the enclosures? (water heater/ heat mat/overhead lamp?)

Currently I have a baby Green Tree Frog in a converted 32lt fish tank and he looks tiny in it (picked it up from the op shop for $15)..
But im looking at getting a 45l x 45w x 60h for when he gets older.

not really a good idea to give advice if you havent kept frogs before. the formentioned enclosure actually sounds a bit to small for 7 aduld green tree frogs.
Frogs can be kept in a lot of different ways from having a tank with a water bowl and thats it, or having water as a substrate and providing ledges. best thing to do would be to join the aussie frog forum www.forgs.org.au there you will find alot of information and shouldnt have any trouble finding what you're looking for. the more frogs you want the more room you will need. you will also have to clean a fair bit because frogs make quite alot of mess. for 2 adult green trees you would need a tank that is at least a couple of feet high and wide and at least a foot deep. join the frog forum and start doing some serious research before you get any.

Well sorry, if i had known people would criticise me trying to help some one who no one had replied to maybe I wouldn't have.
I was only giving advice because no one had replied to her yet..
I will keep it in mind not to write anything on a thread that is about something i havn't kept before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back