Endyalgout Island

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
We just got back from a week on Endyalgout Island and fishing the Minimini System and offshore Islands. :D
Darlyn got the biggest fish (as always) despite there being 11 people fishing over 5 days!

There were lots of roving thunderstorms but conditions were mostly glassy.

PB220017.jpg
DSC_0022.jpg

Fishing was fine!
Darlyn with a jewie (third cast!), barra, tarpon and goldies galore!

PB200013.jpg
PB220030.jpg
PB240061.jpg
PB240070.jpg

Didn't like having to drive into this storm much BUT our crab pots were in there!
It was worth a bit of wetness. The daily haul!

PB220043.jpg
PB220048.jpg

It is beautiful country and the camp is right on the beach. A few shots from the camp.

DSC_0083.jpg
DSC_0075.jpg
DSC_0050.jpg
DSC_0030.jpg
DSC_0017.jpg
PB200015.jpg
DSC_0120.jpg

This is Peanut, leader of the Agile Wallaby mob that come in for an apple.

DSC_0095.jpg

And we cant forget the everpresent croc on the beach.

DSC_0106.jpg
DSC_0110.jpg
nice pose the second one

Finally here is fresh water a few meters from where Darlyn nearly died of thirst a month ago. What a difference a few weeks makes!

DSC_0046.jpg

Hope you like it. We did!

I saw one (super fast) golden tree snake, a very dark childrens and some gheyra geckoes, carlia and cryptoblepharus skinks but sorry no pics.

Last edited:
I can see why he's called peanut. Top pics mate. It woulda been a blast

Spectacular stuff Steve and Darlyn. My husband is green with envy. He can't remember the last time he caught a decent fish. Beautiful scenery, as long as you have a decent distance from that big saltie....

Nice jewie, what an awesome catch! : )

And yep Beard, that is why he's called Peanut

Spectacular stuff Steve and Darlyn. My husband is green with envy. He can't remember the last time he caught a decent fish. Beautiful scenery, as long as you have a decent distance from that big saltie....

She's just a 12 footer. There is a resident bloke (14 foot but chunky) and his two girlfriends. They are encouraged because it is important that the punters (it's a charter fishing camp) know what is in that water. It works.

When none are around it is time for extra vigilance because a big fella may have moved in for a while.

Best thing is it was free! Darlyn's work Xmas party!

Lucky bugger!

Dont ask dont get!

Sure is a great Chrissy party Pythonmum. Everyone helps to pack the camp away for the year, in exchange they get 5 days fishing,
everyone puts into the cooking and has to help get rid of the residual alcohol. I'm an expert at helping in the latter of these tasks

All i can think of when i look at those first pics is how dang hot that aluminium check floor would get!

Yeah does get a bit warm. But with the storms we encountered and the amount of dancing round the boat
my feet were doing (pulling in fish) mine weren't too bad. Steve's probably got pretty hot tho : )

We nearly dropped by to visit you Gordo, on Friday, as Cahills was too high to cross and it looked like we were stranded there.

I was going to ask, did you guys stop in a pair of GS Marine boats around 5.30 at the Oenpelli turn off? I drove past in a Prado after checking Cahills out and giggling to myself at the silly tourists lol.

I was going to ask, did you guys stop in a pair of GS Marine boats around 5.30 at the Oenpelli turn off? I drove past in a Prado after checking Cahills out and giggling to myself at the silly tourists lol.

Yep that would have been us. 2 big "Darwin Barra Fishing" boats and a gaggle of cars. We'd just been up to the Goomandeer to try the middle Arnhem road but that was a big no go too! We had no way of knowing what was happening to the south while we were on the Island and were a bit surprised to find 400mm over Coopers Ck. Then 1.4 ripping over the East Alligator. We had the good sense to launch a boat so we could all have a few beers legally!

DSC_0133.jpg
DSC_0132.jpg

Last edited:
Good stuff! A hot Friday like that one really needed some beers! How did you end up getting over?

Yep that would have been us. 2 big "Darwin Barra Fishing" boats and a gaggle of cars. We'd just been up to the Goomandeer to try the middle Arnhem road but that was a big no go too! We had no way of knowing what was happening to the south while we were on the Island and were a bit surprised to find 400mm over Coopers Ck. Then 1.4 ripping over the East Alligator. We had the good sense to launch a boat so we could all have a few beers legally!

A couple of cars came out from Darwin and we went across by boat. The car drivers didnt get out until Sunday morning!

Unlucky!

The river is back down now but it won't be long before she is back up again, for good this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back