Ewwww!! Speckled Feeder Roaches

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodentrancher

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I had to feed our GTF's 2nite. Don't mind the crix, mealworms and pink mice, but ewwww!! hate those roaches. Very creepy crawly!! Make my skin crawl hey??? Pity Dave wasn't home. I usually get him to do the roach bit. Ewwww!! LOL!! Cheers Cheryl

Fuscus, sounds like your lunch. Don't forget the salt.

You mean market it as a Roach Bar, crunchy on the outside, creamy in the middle and gives you that tickly feeling as it walks down your throat. YUM

My late 12 yr old Green Tree Frog used to love the big red Queensland roaches and used to roam the house hunting them down. As a result I could never use fly sprays or insecticides around the place, and like now with the snake it's put me in a good habit to avoid nasty chemicals like fly sprays etc. I really love the frogs.. simply awesome creatures!

Years ago, I worked for about six weeks in the kitchen at the surfers paradise beer garden and I was the only one brave (silly) enough to take the rubbish out to the bins out back. You couldn't touch anything because every surface was covered in cockies and every step you took made a crunchy sound.

First time I went to feed cockies to my lizards I opened the container in their enclosure and the roaches all ran up the side and out. Not one remained in the enclosure. That was that. Fortunately they were woodies and I now have bountiful supply breeding around the back of the shed.
Peter

Fuscus,the Surfers beer garden hey.....what a drinking hole!!!!

I saw 3 colur phases of gtf last week.....the blue was most interesting...

Oh and my dogs name is Roach...

An insect of course :roll: He looked like a little black cockaroacha..

God...I hate raches of any sort............except dead ones

i would love to learn heaps more about frogs..............I dont have any personally but want to get one or two soon

Yes i can vouch for that... MM hates em,dont know why they're just a bug..So now in the habit of buying woodies for our lizards as well as crix and sitting container on top of our microwave just to annoy...

cheers

Best way to keep the roaches in is put a big smear of Vaseline all the way round the edge of whatever you are breeding them in. Take it down to about 1 1/2 ins inside. They can't crawl over the vaseline. Too greasy for em. Like someone trying to walk across a greasy pole LOL.

I tried boiling some up once, they taste terrible, unless you bother to fillet them, the tiny little fillets are really good!

NO!!! EWW!!! They have stuff in them to make them taste bad, as a predator deterent! It works on me!!! :)
Luckily my herps don't seem to care :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back