eyes not shed for the second time

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiona74

Reaction score
My spotted python shed a few days ago, but he still had skin left on the top of his head and over his eyes. I used a wet cotton bud and got it off for him no probs but his eyes still look like they have old skin on them, (a bit wrinkly) they looked like this after the last shed too but I left it as I thought it may fix after this shed but it has not. I don't want to start poking around with a cotton bud incase it's not old skin and I do some damage. If I can be sure it is just old skin I will give the wet cotton bud a go but could it be something else? Any ideas? thanks

There is a way of removing the skin using a cotton tip but I wouldn't recommend you try it unless you are confident that you know what you are doing. I would suggest you take it to a vet.

personally i would just leave it and see what happens worst case senario depth perception is out a bit until it comes of naturally, I find a decent sized water container generally helps with a lot of my snakes. Bigger means more humidity when the heats on and also I sometimes see my snakes bathing in the water when if they are having dificulty shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back