Facebook - Who DOESN'T Use It?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just deleted my account, well it takes 2 weeks for them to delete it, I wasn't a big user anyway but I just got sick of it basically, logging in just to see a 'friend' that I haven't seen since school (LOL which was a long time ago) write on their wall that they just had a coffee or aren't feeling well or they are at some bar somewhere. Seriously, think about it, how pathetic have things become?

Just wondering if many other people think the same or, as I imagine, am I in the minority?

I dont. I find actual life interesting.

I dont. I find actual life interesting.
You mean actual life like sitting on reptile forums?
I love how just about everyone who doesn't use it insinuates that the 750 million who do are obviously friendless losers who never go outside and never have a conversation with anyone except over the internet. I wonder if people said the same thing when the telephone was invented - "Well in MY DAY we actually went out and saw people". What sort of stupid moron would use this fandangled technology. It will obviously never really catch on"

You mean actual life like sitting on reptile forums?
I love how just about everyone who doesn't use it insinuates that the 750 million who do are obviously friendless losers who never go outside and never have a conversation with anyone except over the internet. I wonder if people said the same thing when the telephone was invented - "Well in MY DAY we actually went out and saw people". What sort of stupid moron would use this fandangled technology. It will obviously never really catch on"

I grew up without a phone and yea I used to walk to people's places to catch up, or ride a bike, And I'd get swooped by maggies on the way and meet a blue tongue or a rbb or a brown or spot a new spot for a good look later. I work outdoors in remote areas and enjoy sitting on a reptile forum when the day is done, it's better than TV. I dont give a rats **** about facebook. From what I've seen it's just enhanced suburban numbness.

Each to their own.

I live 5000km away from my family and the majority of my friends, and am in a different time zone making it sometimes difficult to 'just call them' - not to mention the expense. Facebook allows me to talk to them for free and on my time. Sure, email does the same thing, but email doesn't have Mob Wars.

Don't use it, was nearly gonna create an account to speak to a couple of cousins that live in the UK but couldn't be bothered with all the bull**** with it. Like to have separate groups of friends and not all one big family. This forum is enough for me and keeps me amused in my spare time, and at least everyone has similar interests.
Both of my brothers have got it and have had people i went to school with looking for me via them and wanting to catch up...if i liked em enough i'd still be friends with them now. Other people who i used to be friends with are now facebook friends with one or both brothers which is annoying. People change and move on in their lives.

Don't use it when I first looked it seemed like the majority of stuff on there was just people dribbling crap.

Great way to keep in touch IMO. Its free, you can share photos and videos with friends (which you can choose). You can send out and receive invites to events (only way it happens in my circle of friends). I haven't had a problem with it to date. Actually quite hard to "hack" unless you've put very poor passwords or password questions in which case it is your own fault. As far as privacy you choose which info you want to share so I don't see that fault?

It's sad when people have (or think they have) "friends" in the virtual world, they text each other ....... wow!
I prefer to have real friends I can shake their hands, see them, see them smiling, have a drink with them - to me that's real life. As far as I am concerned, facebook can go broke (I know it won't).

Only so much time in the day Michael. If I had a drink with all my friends I'd probably die :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back