Faces to Names??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I've often heard people say, at APS gatherings and such, "It's nice to put a face to the name".

I was wondering if there was any interest in creating a "rogues gallery" of photos of our members, perhaps in a separate gallery, in which we could post a reasonable (serious) photo of each member who is willing to participate.

This would show the photo, username, and perhaps, first name and general location.

I know it would be useful for people such as myself who suffer from terrible memories!

Anyway, it's just a thought. Please let me know what you think by voting. ;-)

HAHA Mark...you must have similar charming looks to myself. I think it's a great idea, but only problem would be for everyone who doesn't have a digital camera, or who doesn't have a recent photo of themselves.

Also it was really weird at the Wild Expo for me this year. I had at minimum 15 people come up to me and say "are you Simon Archibald", "Hi Simon", etc. I had no idea who they were (until they told me...some NEVER DID) and the only way they could've know was from the photo that used to be my avatar.

Would you allow people to post you photos if they don't have a digital cam and then scan them for that person?

Simon Archibald

it would be a great idea, but only members to veiw the gallery

How would we go about getting all the photos together? It's a good idea though!

I think its a great idea. haha greg, yes for some people it won't be the best moment. lol
cheers
pete

RE: Re: RE: Faces to Names??

unless u have a photographic memory like me , then u dont even need batteries

Why not?:) I'll print it out those mugshots if ever I'm attending meetings that are expecting members from here to be attending lol My memory is appalling at best! My mind is sharp for lots of things, but not for faces! hee heee heeeheee

Cool! Ok, to start with, I'll set it up for logged members only. You would have to email the photo to me, along with what details you want included (first name, last name, suburb, country, login name .... whatever details you feel comfortable with). I'd suggest nothing TOO specific.

Don't send photos of OTHER members unless they give me specific authority to do so. Better yet, I'll check with the photographee before posting any image! ;-)

If you don't have a scanner or any way get it in an email, you could send me an actual photo and I'll scan it and return it to you. PM me if this is the case.

We'll see how it goes! If there's enough participation, I rekon it could be good! :)

No rediculous/obscene photos please ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back