Fact Finding Rambling...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher69

Reaction score
I'm admittedly "one of those people" that "has a mate who knows a mate" that breeds exotics.
Whenever someone starts talking about illegal exotics, corns are usually the species of choice to complain about.
Then inadvertently the comparison's made to cane toads & the same negative effect they had to our environment...then comes the claims of seeing corns in the bush & wild colonies "up north".

So I'm simply asking if there's any viable links, references to support these claims?

I'm just saying that cane toads were introduced over 80 yrs ago. There was no NPWS, no environmental impact studies, no conservation groups back in the 1930's (to my knowledge).
Australia literally found out the hard way, the impact cane toads had to our wildlife.

On the other hand, I would imagine corns would be more of a food source to our native pythons (& birds) than an actual threat to decimating the rodents our natives prey upon.

I'm simply just rambling & focussing on the common comparison of corns to cane toads that people often make.

So is there any truth that there's corns in our native bush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back