Fake grass from Bunnings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CjLeveille

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I just wanted to ask is the fake grass from the hardware store like bunnings safe to use in Darwin carpet python enclosure. Also what is another cheap easy to use option from Bunnings that people might use?
Also Kimiko my darwin seems to be a really good eater but doesn't really strike at her food and I've formed a habit of just placing a feed on a branch for her to collect herself. Is this habit ok? Does it matter that she doesn't strike and coil her food?

Last edited:
Breeders choice Cat litter will be much better than fake grass, fake grass tends to stink after the 3rd wash and you need to pull it all out to clean, cat litter you can just scoop the mess up and replace and it doesn’t smell

I have used bunnings fake grass in a brooder box when I was breeding quail. It doesn't like being hit with too much heat. The backing goes pretty weird and brittle. It ended up staining the melamine purple.

I use marine carpet from Bunnings. The snakes seem to like the texture better than grass, it's extremely durable, cheap and easy to cut.
I just take the carpet out every now and then and hose it off before letting it dry in the sun.

In the pic below my two centralians are in the one tank while their huge duplex was being cleaned. JP who normally lives there was in a cliplock.

snake79.jpg

snake46.jpg

Back