False Coral Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrantD

Not so new Member
Reaction score
A friend in Costa Rica sent thru some shots on a non-herp forum.

Too good not to share...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA111111111111-5.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA111111111111-3.jpg

cheers

Is that also called a milk snake?? you know from the old red touches yellow kill the fellow and red touches black ok for Jack rhym??? If so then i see that snake is ok for Jack!!!! is your friend called jack??

Ps nice pics!!

HAHA Look on Google...put in red touches yellow kill the fellow - coral snake. i am going a bit crazy today though!

Here is a quote from google

If you have difficulty separating the harmless mimics from the Eastern Coral Snake, the following mnemonic rhyme will identify the Eastern Coral Snake for you:
'If red touches yellow, it can kill a fellow' (Eastern Coral Snake)
'If red touches black, it is a friend of Jack' (Scarlet Kingsnake or Scarlet Snake)

So i am sure the above snake is Jacks friend!!!!

Yeh I know but u said it too fast lol (is it possible through text or am I losing it like guzzo or going crazy lol) good pics mate

Nope, its a false Coral. My friend is really brilliant at identification.

Yeh I know but u said it too fast lol (is it possible through text or am I losing it like guzzo or going crazy lol) good pics mate
yes your lossing it sorry shay but you only have a few hours left...ill gladly look after all ur reps tho dw

Is that also called a milk snake?? you know from the old red touches yellow kill the fellow and red touches black ok for Jack rhym??? If so then i see that snake is ok for Jack!!!! is your friend called jack??

Ps nice pics!!
its red to yellow will kill the fellow red to white its a venomose bite but if its red to black its a friend of jack...

Not knocking your mate but the false coral doesnt have any white bands it looks more like a milk snake...and no im not getting my info from wiki

The saying only works in north america where there is the milk snake and 1 species of coral snake, however in central and south america there several dozen coral snakes with lots of colour variations.

Not knocking your mate but the false coral doesnt have any white bands it looks more like a milk snake...and no im not getting my info from wiki

Doesn't matter if you are. Wiki is an awesome resource if used properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back