Fat or gravid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OuZo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

one of my central netteds is looking quite plump these days, and as i've never had lizzies before i'm not sure if she's just fat or could be gravid! i wasnt really expecting any to be gravid cos i havent seen any mating and they laid about a month ago, but i really didnt think she ate enuf to be this podgy lol. i'll attach a pic, any views would be appreciated!

thanx guys :)

ps i cant feel any lumps really...thought i did the first night i noticed but couldnt feel anything the next night!

Zo you should be able to feel eggs, don't worry about squashing her or anything.....it's very obivous.

yeah i've poked her tummy and felt around...pushed quite deep but couldnt feel eggs :(

maybe she's chubby lol

thanx for noticing steve lol :p

You will feel eggs if shes gravid...the closer it gets to laying the more obvious it becomes.

I'm surprised i noticed you zo....i mean your all of 3ft tall :wink:

Zo Im in the same boat
but she had A shed bout 3 wks ago
here a couple pics

not too good not close enough I think

I would say not gravid Zo, sorry. Mine is at the moment and it is very obvious. She just looks like alittle fatty. LOL

lol why is everyone sorry! i didnt expect her to be gravid really...she just looks very rounded lol

thanx guys :)

Just offered a rat the python in Question has showed NO interest in it at all
She has eaten once since come out of hybination !

Paired up for mating but didnt see mating activivty some interaction but thats all

see wat happens I guess !

coastal carpet browns
Hey Barney,only reason i asked is that she looks a little jungle like is all,and doesn't look to be gravid but you never know.Did you notice any swellling"ovulating "previously?

Yes noticed Swelling over a period of time
hasnt got any bigger

Ovulating ?

here a cloer shot curled up !

She looks a little pissed in the second shot as i disturbed
her taking pics i.e. opened door

Yep judging on that pic she could well be gravid,se if you can feel any eggs by letting hers slide gently through your hand while preesing in gently with index and forefinger and you should be able to feel eggs...if she is she could lay anytime now...do you have an incubator ready in case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back