favourite beer...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
teza said:
Crownies for me, but i like most beer as long as its very cold ...

In fact, i might crack one now ....

Bottoms up!!!

If you buy crownies i am sorry to say , you are gettin ripped off.
Crownies are just VB, they rebottled it and gave it a fancy name when the Queen came over in the late 80's or early 90's.
Don't believe me?Go to the bottle shop now and buy 2 stubbies and try it .

It is definately true that Crown lager is not the same beer it used to be, doesn't come close to the beer it was in the 80's. Still if your shouting i'll drink it.

I was told once by a liquor rep. that Crown Lager is 50% fosters and 50% VB.

Try that and let us know.

At work VB is known as the "Green Death".

I like Tooheys New on tap.

I enjoy a good Pilsner (Pilsner Urquell if I can, otherwise that Tooheys Pils crap has to suffice). Also enjoy the odd Heineken.

Coopers Best Extra Stout.

As you go north in this country the beers get less and less sophistocated. Down south we give them names. Further north names are a bit too much of a challenge so they resort to colours... further north still colours are even too much to comprehend so they resort to X's.

Coopers Sparkling

I always thought that crownies were made from the beer at the top of a VB vat - hence the name crown.

For the price Carlton Draught is a good beer, however if i have dollars i will go for the Stella or something imported.

That's very true Herptrader, another difference is the beer gets weeker and weeker the further north you go, that's why Mick thinks his XXXX tastes so good, because it's just a ''light'' beer pretending to be a real beer.

i brew my own, have done for a few years, have produced some crap in the past but can say now that my home brew is pretty bloody good. have my own kegs and tap on fridge door.
what does xxxx stand for?? s... ?

umm... i'd have to say one that doesn't taste like p!$$ ...wait a minute, who am I kidding lol like thats ever gonna happen :lol:

VB very best,boags and an assortment of others..Corona and some of those taste like cats pi$$

San Miguel Pilsen,
Guinness
Murphey's
NewQuay Bitter(Cornish)
Pint of Wheat at the Lord Nelson on a hot summers day.
As my alcahol intake is extremely finite Im going for taste, not effect.

Corona. For those who think it tastes like cat piss, your right. As beers contain water from areas around the brewery, Corona has been voted one of the most "polluted" beers in the world, containing lots of urine. Mmmmmm Corona, yum.

Tooheys Old!

Anytrhing Black!

The only pale i will willingly drink is Blue Tongue Pale Ale,
Got a taste for it when the Owner gave us a coupla free cartons! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back