feeding a wild mouse

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matto

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I caught a mouse this morning would there be any problems feeing it to me snake i'm a bit worried about disease or is itall good

It will be full of worms and all things bad, don't do it.

Hi Matto,
No Way!!!!!!!
Throw it out immediately and don't give it to your animal.
Cheers
Ad

I wouldnt feed it to your snake it may be riddled with parasites or it could have been next door chewing on a rat bait etc .... not a good idea, chuck it in the bin its not worth the risk.

oh i dont know if anyone else has said it but don't feed it to your snake, not good

Damn Matto, bet your ultra-glad you checked!!! ;-)

re feeding

Matto its like this,i was reall short mice years ago and i caught afield mouse and fed it off to a little diamond which went on to pass segments of tape worm.I then had to kill the tape worm with drontal because ivamectin didnt work (get the picture its a hassle ).The mouse did look suss anyway with tufts of hair missing and skinny,like it needed atrip to advanced hair yeh yeh and had been to jenny craig.That was dumb obviously food desperation at time,plenty do feed wild trapped mice though,not a good idea Matt me boy :p

its not only the health risk it poses but if the snake didnt take it straight away......you cant even begin to imagine the amount of damage it can do to your snake ! ive seen a royal that had to be put down because it had hardly any skin left after the mouse had finished! sounds stupid but its true ! if i find the pic ill send it to you. over here in the UK its illegal to feed live mice, ?2000 fine plus possible prison sentence !

i think i get the message, thanks for the peer pressure guys.
Its amazing how soft these apparent devil animals are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back