Feeding Floyd, Take #2!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've only had him for about 9 days so far, so we're not in a rhythm yet. The breeder I got him from was feeding him every 10 days, but I feel like that's a bit too big of a stretch for a youngen like Floyd at the moment. I have fed him twice so far, 5 days apart, but I'm going to get into a weekly rhythm, makes it easier to remember when you have a specific feeding day and 7 days seems good.

I have only fed him once as well (got him Saturday) but I am going to do it every 7 days.

Thanks skippii, i love her pattern, she has her very own Australia

View attachment 266217

and i agree Sabohan, so much similarities lol

Also 7 day intervals are perfect for juvies, then when they are older and mature, every ten days is good

Her pattern is even prettier than I thought haha I love the lil Australia. Very patriotic snake!
I'll have to search Floyd for some interesting markings now...

I've actually just gotten him a new tub today, a starmaid one, I hear they're good. Plus, I can see into the new tub without having to take the lid off. The tub he's been in is super cloudy, can't see in at all unless something is pressed right up against the wall.. It'll be nice to be able to see him chillin out in his little pad lol

So, thoughts on the video? xD has anyone else ever heard of a snake getting its tooth caught in its prey? I had to put the camera down and actually unhook his tooth, he was stuck for a few minutes before I realised he couldn't actually get it unstuck on his own, poor fella.

Renae x

- - - Updated - - -

I have only fed him once as well (got him Saturday) but I am going to do it every 7 days.

I got Floyd on Thursday, just over a week ago :D it's exciting isn't it?

x

Haha yeh its fun searching for unique markings. At least now u can watch him cruising along, its quite fascinating to watch :)
Dont know about anybody else but i havn't, id say it happens more so then we think or know tho.

Her pattern is even prettier than I thought haha I love the lil Australia. Very patriotic snake!
I'll have to search Floyd for some interesting markings now...

I've actually just gotten him a new tub today, a starmaid one, I hear they're good. Plus, I can see into the new tub without having to take the lid off. The tub he's been in is super cloudy, can't see in at all unless something is pressed right up against the wall.. It'll be nice to be able to see him chillin out in his little pad lol

So, thoughts on the video? xD has anyone else ever heard of a snake getting its tooth caught in its prey? I had to put the camera down and actually unhook his tooth, he was stuck for a few minutes before I realised he couldn't actually get it unstuck on his own, poor fella.

Renae x

- - - Updated - - -

I got Floyd on Thursday, just over a week ago :D it's exciting isn't it?

x

Yeah, it is very exciting! :D The video was funny! :) Gonna drop it a like now.

Oh, I already liked it xD

haha that facepalm emoticon is brilliant. Ta, Sabohan, I thought it was pretty funny too. You guys got any videos of your critters?

x

haha that facepalm emoticon is brilliant. Ta, Sabohan, I thought it was pretty funny too. You guys got any videos of your critters?

x

No problem, I was going to record my first feed, but my camera is stupid and isn't rechargable, I need new batteries...:(

unfortunatly i couldnt get a decent recording due to my memorycard being full, ive gotta buy a bigger one :/
cathy1986 it came up as being private with me aswell, whats ur youtube username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back