feeding hatchling elapids

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No luck on the pinkkys as yet although i am confident it will take them soon as it is showing interest. In the meantime i have resorted to small lizards again.

No luck on the pinkkys as yet although i am confident it will take them soon as it is showing interest. In the meantime i have resorted to small lizards again.

Good luck :)
I have a couple of browns that are showing no interest in anything.

Just like EAPID68, Live fish in the water bowl has always worked best for me...If not, then mush up some skink tails & scent your rodents or portions thereof.(better for the brown) Boy haven't done that for a while,,over catching skinks..I am with Jono & 68,, Just buy feeders,, Less stressfull.... Anyway.. What sort of a goose would sell you non feeders & not offer help??? O were you to proud??

Just like EAPID68, Live fish in the water bowl has always worked best for me...If not, then mush up some skink tails & scent your rodents or portions thereof.(better for the brown) Boy haven't done that for a while,,over catching skinks..I am with Jono & 68,, Just buy feeders,, Less stressfull.... Anyway.. What sort of a goose would sell you non feeders & not offer help??? O were you to proud??

A bit harsh calling the seller a goose. What kind of help did you mean? I am sure advise is readily offered and I would assume in most cases the buyer is quite aware of how to go about getting them feeding. If I bred young elapids and had the time to get them feeding and through the early difficulties I would most likely not then be selling them at all.
Quite a few of my snakes came as non-feeders and I always considered it part of the process, bonding process may be a bit strong but it's something like that.

feeder fish are the way to go for sure.....have fun with that;)

Well,,, Maybe your right baxtor,, Goose may be a bit harsh,, I don't know the exact circumstances of the sale...If it offends,, the i retract.... Definatly didnt mean it in that manner.

We are all here to help eachother,, I have even given my little bit of experience, for all that its worth. However,, we are talking about some fairly elementry stuff here.....Just a bit worring that someone has ended up with Juvie browns & tigers & is only now asking how to get them going. I would have resurched it a little earlier is all.. Or maybe practiced on something like Demansia psammophis,,maybe a little safer. However,, Nothing like learning to swim in the deep-end!! God knows,, I cant lay claim to any better, Thats how i had to learn all those years ago. (no internet & no help forums) Hope you get them up & going.

Well,,, Maybe your right baxtor,, Goose may be a bit harsh,, I don't know the exact circumstances of the sale...If it offends,, the i retract.... Definatly didnt mean it in that manner.

We are all here to help eachother,, I have even given my little bit of experience, for all that its worth. However,, we are talking about some fairly elementry stuff here.....Just a bit worring that someone has ended up with Juvie browns & tigers & is only now asking how to get them going. I would have resurched it a little earlier is all.. Or maybe practiced on something like Demansia psammophis,,maybe a little safer. However,, Nothing like learning to swim in the deep-end!! God knows,, I cant lay claim to any better, Thats how i had to learn all those years ago. (no internet & no help forums) Hope you get them up & going.

No offense taken. Sounds like we both learnt by diving in the deep end.
Reminds me of many years ago starting out with tigers (because they were plentifull and before any licencing requirements) I ended up with a litter of 21 neonates and the desire to keep every one of them. The best place locally for finding skinks was adjacent to a local primary school and I can only imagine what it must have looked like to the kids and the teachers to see this deviant running from tree to tree and diving and crawling about in the undergrowth on an almost weekly basis. I think it would be a safe bet that the boys in blue and those in the white coats would be onto it like a shot today.

hows the feeding going so far? Just about all my new born elapids where assist fed in some way,
best way is to start from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back