feeding hatchys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spoonman

Reaction score
6 weeks ago i had 20 md hatch. they are my first snake hatchys so i need i little help. so far only 3 have feed. ive tryed braining, and scenting. there are a few other things left to try i know. but my question is how long is to long with out food, before force feeding?
thanks in advance

have you tried a new born quail? live pinkies? or scenting with a garden skink?

What are you keeping the hatchies in and how are they setup? Quite often it is the environment they're being kept in that is causing them not to eat, rather than the type of food offered. They can go many months without food and they will become noticably thin and very letheragic before they die. They will not just drop dead, so no need to panic for quite some time.

Spoonman, as MrBredli sad, is there any chance of keping conditions, and the feeding techniques you have used, so that alternatives can be sugested. Also, have they shed yet?

all have shed once. i keep half in click clack style containers and the others in the small plastic aquariums you buy from pet shops. each one sits half on a heat cord creating a hot spot of about 31.

Any chance of some pics of the setups? What are you using for hides? Do you have perches for them to climb?

in the aquariums yes they have a perch, but not the click clacks. it doesn't seem to be a factor in the ones that are eating.

How are the tubs sitting on the heat cord? Do they have very small hides (that they can barely squeeze into)?

I would try throwing a live fuzzy into each tub at night, when they are out and about. Try to disturb them as little as possible when you do this (try not to be seen or heard).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back