Feeding size 8 months Stimson

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon_

Reaction score
Hey need some help I have an 8 months old Stimson and I’m unsure if I’m feeding him enough he’s getting a pinky mice every Wednesday on feeding day and the day before he’s very lunges for my hand or anything that moves around him do I need to start feeding him more like two he’s always ready and wanting food he’s never not taken food either he bit my finger just yesterday he let go pretty quickly I’ve feed him his pinky should I try and feed him again today it’s been a few hours since I last feed him I’ve been looking at other posts and the bulge in his stomach is only slightly there does that mean he needs more food or a bigger size? 25D4B201-A99F-4A19-80FF-55714366E106.jpegHe is currently actually a bit bigger then this I took this photo around about two week ago and he’s already bigger he’s eating his pinky mice in around 10 give or take a few minutes

For sure go bigger. Pinkies at 8 months won't be giving him enough nutrition. Go up to fuzzies.

I'd recommend feeding bigger, from what I've heard you want to make sure it has a bulge in its stomach, to achive that I'd slowly increase the rodent size, another rule of thumb that I've heard is to feed it 1.5x it's stomach, also so it doesn't vomit I'd recommend leaving it for a little longer as it has to speed up its metabolism and get use to It, also I've found alot of good handling tips on YouTube to teach your snake not to bite you

Latest posts

Back