Feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Reaction score
Help. My Maccie will not eat thawed fuzzies. She has no prob eating live mice. Fed her this morning first with the frozen not even interested placed live fuzzi and she hit it hard. Help needed to get her frozen mice.

cheers

Try placing the thawed mouse in a warm spot (i.e. on a heat pad) for 30 mins before you offer it so that it becomes a 'warm blooded' prey item. Or place it in a container with a live mouse for a little while to pick up the scent of a 'live' prey item. A combo of both of techniques should see success.

I had the same problem with my stimmie when I got him. Stop giving live food for a while, may take a few weeks or a few months, but when she gets hungry she will take a thawed fuzzy. Next time you offer her a thawed prey item wiggle it a bit, but not to much. You may even need to get her cranky. I had to stir my little coastal up so she would strike at the fuzzie, she then realized it was food and then decided to eat it.

Good luck.

Guess what fed her last night with two hoppers. First was live/dead very interested but then nothing, rubbed it on the back of her head and WHAMO BANG gone within seconds. She then sat there in strike mode. Opened the glass door she appeared to recoil a bit further and again WHAMO BANG, she had a bit trouble at first grabbing hold of it to eat but then for the first time it went down BACKWARDS never seen it before.
Going to feed her again next WED or THURS. Also I have bumped the temp up a bit from 28/30 to 30/34 and she seens to be loving it.

Cheers and thanks guys for the help

My 7 month old jungle does a weird thing when feeding..

I hold the thawed pinky with tweezers and hold it in front of her nose, she then just opens her mouth and waits for me to drop it in ??

Once its in there a bit she eats it fine..

Any ideas ?

One of my Diamonds does that. I don't think it's a problem. She just knows the routine.

Sounds as though your jungle has manners Darkness.... Not snatching....LOL.... Mine are normal.. ( I think) I holding it above the feeding box....And they slowly rise up and...... BANGGGG they stike and coil around it....... Been like that since I got them..... They are now about 11 months old..:p

When my snake eats she doesn't strike she just opens her mouth and in it goes. She has only coiled around her food once.

Thats for the replies ! glad its nothing to worry about..

I just thought it was so strange when my other python grabs and wrapps it in a splitt second like its the last meal on earth :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back