Female venomous snake keeper

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colletts

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm female and wanting to meet some ladies that keep venomous snakes. I keep them myself and i find i'm a scarce breed, as venomous handlers are generally male. I'll feel better knowing that i'm not the only one of my kind! I find it hard to make female friends because as soon as i tell them what i do they do either of these:
shudder and say 'the only good snake is a dead one',
say 'that's.... different' and manage to disappear from sight and tell everyone else to steer clear of me,
or they pretend to be interested but i can clearly tell they're not!!
So if you wana chat or just introduce yourself to let me know you are out there, that would be great. Please post a private message.
I'm also into birds and dogs.
It'll be nice to talk to someone on the same wave length as me and of the same sex.
Collett's :)

G'day Colletts,

My mate Sharna is a tops venomous handler/keeper. She started at the ripe old age of 16 when she was working at Venom Supplies. She was trained by Tim Nias, and she's travelled all over Australia collecting venomous snakes. I've seen her tackle everything from fiery Taipans and Browns, right down to force feeding Pygmy Copperheads. She's very modest and shy about what she can do, and can sometimes need a little coaxing, but she's definitely one of the best female handlers I've ever seen...and if you ask her how good she is, no doubt her answer will be "Twice as good as Jonno!".

Haha Jonno, she'll never let go of that joke!

Sharna......
O1scutellatus-Sharna4a.jpg

SharnaNajasiamensis5a.jpg

THanks for the welcome. Well i definately don't have as much experience as SHarna so i doubt i'll keep up with her but i'll try. she sounds awsome. other female handlers around CQ?? i don't really know what i'm doing on this site so i hope this reply works... here goes...

It worked!!! I could get used to this. one day i'll learn how to place pics on but for now this's fine. i'm no pro when it comes to computers!! it's great having people to talk to people that enjoy the same things as me. tell me some stories, ask me some questions, show me some pics, i'm lovin this!!!!

I'm in Rocky, no vens yet, but they are on the list, as soon as I have a chance to get a course done.

The first in the collection would be a colletts...

Bec

If we're talking about feminine blokes who keep venomous, you don't have to look much further than our very own Den! He regularly wears Sharna's clothes...and I've caught him wearing a dressing gown a few too many times...

*drools*
If only that was an australian!!
The snake...not Sharna. :p

Welcome to APS Colletts...

I know what you mean about friends and colleagues thinking you're strange for being a female that plays with snakes.... I don't even have to mention vens to get weird looks.
But you're more than welcome here. :)

If we're talking about feminine blokes who keep venomous, you don't have to look much further than our very own Den! He regularly wears Sharna's clothes...and I've caught him wearing a dressing gown a few too many times...

I can do better than that!

photo.php

Cool, thanks tatelina. can someone help me regarding this site. do you have to click a button to bring in the new messages coz i left then come back again and there were heaps new ones all of a sudden. im confused. sorry, very primative when it comes to pc's. also why do i keep getting the same private message over and over? it's driving me crazy!!

Haha, dude.....Give me ten minutes and I'll get Sharna to find the pics of you in fishnet stockings.....

I also believe you have many pics of my anatomy saved on your camera phone....You're a fishy little critter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back