few lighting questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionMorelia

Reaction score
just wondering if theres any diff between the red and purple heat/viewing lamps apart from color obviously lol.
also what lighting is acceptable at night apart from the red/purple heat globes are
there any that isnt a heat source? im really leaning to
a ceramic heat source with heat mat and thermo and as i love watching my snake
at night i would like some night lighting but not really keen on a 2nd caged heat source.
what are my alternatives
p.s i have an MD

I know people will disagree with me and say the snake won't notice the difference, but, I put a red infrared globe in with my coastal and she started behaving really agitated.2 days later I changed to a purple moon globe and she calmed down. Just something I noticed, not saying it will effect all snakes that way. It may just be mine

I`ve used reptile one blue heat lights and found them good but find they throw the heat in all directions, which depending how you want to use it may be a good thing. It will tend to heat the air in general.
I also use red exo terra heat glo lights and they have a reflector inbuilt which throws the heat down more so giving a nice basking spot especially when positioned over a ceramic tile.
The blue ones that I`ve used dont give anywhere near as much light as the red which may keep your snake calmer and display more natural behaviour of a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back