few quick questions on beardies..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch_89

Reaction score
hi i was just wondering if any one knows how big a central beardie should roughly be at 9 months old and 12months old? as im looking at getting a female off someone and they said she is small for her age and she is 26cm long.

the other question was my male is 9months old and i was wondering if i could put the male n female in the same tank or would they try and mate?
i know they cant breed until they are 2+yrs old. just thought i would ask n find out as i do have another tank to put the female in.

thanks

Depends on how much they are eating, temps etc but a 9 - 12mth old would be anywhere from 30 - 35+cm, maxing out at about 45cm at around the 18mth mark, but like I said some grow faster then others. I'm sure by the time she's old enough to breed she will have caught up. It widely excepted males and females should be kept apart until they are old enough to breed and even then only for breeding and kept apart for the rest of the year, but there are some out there that keep them together year round, but IMO this would create more problems then it solves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back