Finally!-Java Retic Update (Wit Pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well he finally ate for me tonight. He took a rat for me when I first got him, and then just stopped. I noticed he had a nasty case of scale rot, so we went to work on that, and with his help (rapid shed cycle), we've seen some amazing improvement. Tonight he took a fresh killed rat. Too bad I didn't have something bigger thawed, the rat was pretty small. I'll try some thing bigger tomorrow night. I'm very relieved.

Anyway, here's some pics of him from a couple days ago. He just shed.

100_2901_edited.sized.jpg

100_2897_edited.sized.jpg

100_2894_edited_003.sized.jpg

thats a really nice snake m8, wish we could have em. thats what everyone on here says though!

What an awesome animal...the colours on that blow me away!!!

His colour is improving. You guys should have seen him tonight. I wanted to take a pic or 2, but I wanted him to swallow the rat. He's getting more and more yellow with every shed, especially on his head. I'm thinking he'll end up a yellow head. I'm having trouble capturing his colour with my camera. I'm really not doing him any justice with these pics. I'm going to have to get him a girl and breed him. He's come along way from the dark, kind of ugly snake he was when we got him.

oh damn, the photos don't do him justice?!?! he looks like a bloody awesome snake with these photos!!! if you show us how he really looks it will jsut make me more jealous.

have you got a big enough home for him when hes fully grown?

The reward definately out weighs the work though. 1 word mate. BEAUTIFUL.

Wow, what a stunning snake! Are they often like that in the wild or have the colours been selectively bred for?

Wow, what a stunning snake! Are they often like that in the wild or have the colours been selectively bred for?

Nope. Only the colour morphs (albino, tiger, super tiger, patternless, callico, striped, etc) are selectively bred for pattern and colour. This one is a wild type, most likely from imported parents. Even dwarf Retic are of wild/lacale specific gentics.

I always wondered when I saw these beautiful retics, also knowing that there were several mutants being bred. I never had a wild retic to compare to, perhaps one day I'll get out there and see some :) :)
That's such a gorgeous snake, I must admit I'm a little jealous.

Yes, once again mate, awesome snake. I want one.....lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back