finished hooks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi everyone. i just finished making my 2 snake hooks. i finished making the one made out of a golf club and a tent peg. i needed to polish it because it was rusty and i fiked the hook because it had a dangerous shaped hook. its all beter now. i also made one out of a exstendable radio antena and a coat hanger. someone on this site gave me the idea. any way the exstendable hook is great to use on small snakes in tight spots so i recomend it for anyone with small snakes. its small enough that im going to keep it in my school pencil case.

well done...sounds like you had fun making them and you had a good ideas too on how to go about them... why do you need a snake hook in your pencil case for.... do you have little snakes at school or is it to lift up all the girlys skirts....lol... have fun with them anyway mate....

Tommo said:
i also made one out of a exstendable radio antena and a coat hanger. someone on this site gave me the idea. any way the exstendable hook is great to use on small snakes in tight spots so i recomend it for anyone with small snakes. its small enough that im going to keep it in my school pencil case.

i hope my idea works well for ya tommo 8)

nah afric dood....that was mine (no one better not think of trying to claim it!)

last year at school we found a snake eatting a frog and a hatchling olive python so this year i hope to find the other olives. im going looking for snakes on thursday(last day of the school holidays :cry: ). i think next holidays i will try make a collapsable snare.

where are you from in darwin tommo, i lived up there for four years found an nt carpet on the cliffs behind the museum an olive at lake bennet (just near the toilet blocks) and an oenpelli hatchling on larrakeyah point

Take care
Matt

thanks stockeh im going to check out the area around the museum now. i live at fannie bay.im shocked(and jeolous) that u found a oempelli at larrakeyah point. do u have any other good herping spots around darwin?

I was shocked too i can tell you found two guys trying to take to it with a shovel (i was in the army up there) so i was lucky enough to save him and relocate him.

As for other spots the museum and ski club is always good (that bit of scrub behind the ski club is one of the best places) and follow the coast down past the lake and you will turn up something for sure

good luck keep me posted
Matt

hey stockeh, is that area behind the ski club the place near the lawn bowls?

yes mate it is right in between the two if you head to the ski club there is a road on the right take that stop half way down it and start looking around (be careful near the drain though i know that they pulled a small salty out of there a couple of years ago)

Have fun

my dads going to take me out near berry spring. one of my mates live out there and he says he find snakes on a regular basis. as for the drain with the salty, i think ill look there first :p

i have heard mixed stories about berry springs... but i know for sure that if you follow the small creek from howard springs you will turn somthing up

im going tommorow morning. after the orthodontist :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back