First Adult..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belinda

Reaction score
Fed my Coastal his first adult mouse the other day..Went down nicely..But then he went straight back into his waterbowl! Garr..I am worried that the food might start to rot in his stomach because he is speinding all day and night in his water bowl...I've recently changed his substrate from BC to sand..Is it possible that the snake doesnt like the sand?

if he is always in the water it is a possibility he might have mites, hope not though.
Also, check your temps, or he migh just be getting ready to shed

Thanks...He has been in a new cage for the past couple of weeks and everything in there is new...Except his water bowl. My first thought was mites but none have been found...I dont think he is ready for a shed..He only shed 2 months ago.

cant help sorry. i have only seen my coastal at his water bowl once in about a year??

maybe the cage is too hot and he is trying to cool down.

Heatpad gets turned on at night ( switched off at day due to high temps..) Its about 27 degrees celcius...

Probably just likes the water Belle, I wouldnt worry unless he develops a skin problem. :D

He is on his heat pad now ( phew ) But there is a funny looking residue on the bottom of his (empty) waterbowl...It looks kinda like blood bit it is browner? Poop?

Maybe he likes defecating in his water bowl, could have been constipated. Nothing like splitting a log underwater.

Ewww....I back Wattso up...You definately need to install a Hurling Smiley Slatey :)

The water bowl is in the cool end

He could still be too hot Belle, Is the heat pad thermostatically controlled? What is the humidity in the enclosure? Is the water bowl on or partly on the heat pad? What size, shape is the new enclosure compared to the old one? What is the air temp in the enclosure? Is there a good enough temperature gradient in the new enclosure? How many buns in a bakers dozen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back