First bite

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fallimar

Reaction score
I'm a proper keeper now, got me first snake bite from my Stimmie. My own fault, I knew she might have a go since she was in super food mode and I went to pick her up anyway. Just laughed at her ambitiousness, bit big for you there, ya sausage. Was surprised at how not painful it was, even as she hung on and tried to wrap. Just super sharp velcro - you can feel the teeth like needles but they're still so tiny it was more hilarious than anything. Was more excited she had such a strong food response XD

Rando bitten by nonvenomous snake (food bite):
OGOD I'M GOING TO DIE IS THERE VENOM NEED HOSPITAL KILL THE EVIL SNAKE IT'S SQUEEZING MY ARM OGOD I'M DEAD

Snake keeper bitten under same circumstances:
AWWW HAHAHAHA that's so cute. You go, little snek, what a great food response! Aww! Look at those little teefies. So many teefies. *wash, betadine, done*

Even funnier is that the top jaw bite mark looks like a smiley face because of the secondary teeth rows. Snek so cute her bites leave smiley faces.

Nice!! I've never had the privilege of being tagged by mine. Now that she's bigger - I kinda don't want it - but when she was smaller it would have been cute. Ours is just too docile.

Nice!! I've never had the privilege of being tagged by mine. Now that she's bigger - I kinda don't want it - but when she was smaller it would have been cute. Ours is just too docile.
See, that's what I thought about mine. Turns out she's still a proper snake XD

I was so proud of my kiddo when he was bitten by our stimmy (and in 4 years, it's only been the once! We had roast chicken for dinner and he'd not washed his hands...so definitely food response)
My son: "Um...Mum....what's he doing??"
Me: "Honey, he's biting you, you should give him to me"
My son *hand him over* "I thought it was supposed to hurt?"

It bled though!

I was so proud of my kiddo when he was bitten by our stimmy (and in 4 years, it's only been the once! We had roast chicken for dinner and he'd not washed his hands...so definitely food response)
My son: "Um...Mum....what's he doing??"
Me: "Honey, he's biting you, you should give him to me"
My son *hand him over* "I thought it was supposed to hurt?"

It bled though!
Good kid! I just showed my kid the bite and he thought the smiley face shape was hilarious, even all bloody as it was. They really do bleed a lot, probably anticoagulants in the saliva. Looks far, far worse than it feels though, yeah!

lol once I got bit by my bredli cus he went for the rat but I accidentally dropped it so he missed and bit my finger. then I looked at the snake then my dad then the snake then my dad then said dad we should have pizza to celebrate. : )

In ten years of owning my two snakes I have been bitten by my Bredlie twice and never by my Coastal. Bites were my fault, tried to move some stuff in his enclosure after a few beers.

He would have been somewhere around seven foot long at the time, and yes a good amount of blood.

Back