First geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakethomas

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone im getting a pair of smooth knob tail geckos and im getting a exo terra tank but i don't no what size i should get. I also don't know what accessories i need so can you post what i need and things like that.

Thank jake

Starter Kit for gecko

Have a look at this link Jake, it may give you some help until someone who knows a little more about gecko set ups sees your post :)
There is also a little book called 'Keeping Australian Geckos' written by Rob Porter that you may find really helpful. It's not very expensive. You can get it from some pet/reptile shops or online through the Herp Shop or Ebay.

What sort of info do you need, mate? I assume you have researched their heat, feeding requirements, etc.?

What sort of info do you need, mate? I assume you have researched their heat, feeding requirements, etc.?
I can't find what size enclosure i want im thinking a 45cmx45cmx45cm exo terra and i also want to no if i should get a form of light on the top of the cage if you could tell me some product that would be great.

they like most geckos are nocturnal so a light it likely to make them hide more. research seriously before you get them. a great book is Keeping Australian Geckos

Last edited:
You dont need anything as expensive or fancy as an exo terra enclosure. A simple 2 foot glass tank or a plastic tub would suffice. A thin layer of sand to cover the bottom, 2 upturned plant saucers, one in the hot end and one in the cool end. Heat one third of the enclosure from the bottom using a heatcord or heat mat on a thermostat set to approx 30*. Spray the cool end of the enclosure every couple of days to provide drinking water from droplets on the enclosure walls.

This is all that is needed. No lighting as they are nocturnal. No lid as they are terrestrial (unless you have a cat etc).

You dont need anything as expensive or fancy as an exo terra enclosure. A simple 2 foot glass tank or a plastic tub would suffice. A thin layer of sand to cover the bottom, 2 upturned plant saucers, one in the hot end and one in the cool end. Heat one third of the enclosure from the bottom using a heatcord or heat mat on a thermostat set to approx 30*. Spray the cool end of the enclosure every couple of days to provide drinking water from droplets on the enclosure walls.

This is all that is needed. No lighting as they are nocturnal. No lid as they are terrestrial (unless you have a cat etc).

thanks that helps a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back