Fish and Feather Apology!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fish and Feather Apology!!

Well the RSPCA would definitely do something about puppies if you rang them! And you could just ask them to check out the reptiles while they're there :twisted:

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fish and Feather Apology!!

all the pet shops are the same......crap, get rid of the lot i say.

The standards at the Australian bird company are disgusting. Everytime I go there I wish I had the money to buy all their stock so that the animals can get better care.

The wallabies are kept in an enclosure that is too small (the recommended minimum for small macropods is 30m sq for a pair and another 10m sq for each additional animal)

How the staff don't get sick from zoonotic diseases given the uncleanliness of the place I don't know.

Apparently the RSPCA has investigated them several times but they skate very close to being legal so the RSPCA can't take any action.

Regards David

The standards at the Australian bird company are disgusting. Everytime I go there I wish I had the money to buy all their stock so that the animals can get better care.

You're correct about their standards. Don't start me about their wild caught and emaciated animals with huge price tags which get bought by naive newbies, but the attitude of wanting to buy such animals to help them out is as dangerous as it is common. It is often looked upon as a noble thing to buy such animals to save their lives, but in doing so you inadvertantly add to the problem. If you buy an animal from a place like that, they replace it. The more people who buy sick animals from shops with deplorable conditions, the more they get, the more profit they make, the more their business expands and more cruelty to more animals (often wild caught) is the result, meanwhile, the responsible breeders selling high quality animals at reasonable prices sell less and thus produce less.

As painful as it might seem to leave an animal in those conditions, you must never buy one. If no one buys from dodgy shops (pretty much all of them), the shops will cease to exist and the cruelty will stop. This logic is clear and simple to understand, but so many people add to the problem because they don't think about it.

Not having a go at you, just raising the issue as it a very big and very common problem.

Yes but some people DO think about it, and have a heart. Some people find it very difficult to leave an animal in bad conditions and therefore buy it to negate its suffering. This may not be the thing to do but a lot of people ARE compassionate.

Sdaji,

I appreciate what your saying and I would never buy an animal from them because of the risk of introducing disease to my currently held animals nor do I recommend them to anyone else because pet shops like these should not be allowed to stay in business.

I guess what I was really tring to say was that I wish I could close them down and save all their animals.

Regards David

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fish and Feather Apology!!

herptrader said:
The security at ABC is something else with 4 meter high electric fences. Me thinks they may have been rolled once or twice.

Well after reading some of the comments, maybe some people have shared a mixed opinion. Perhaps ABC are getting robbed for a reason: poor conditions for their animals playing on the minds of compassionate people not wanting to pay their abhorrent prices and simply wanting to get those poor creatures out of there! All makes sense to me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back