Fixing up a pine unit from Vinnies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha just came across this thread. I just bought pretty much the exact same thing from an op shop just a week ago! Planning on turning in to two small enclosures for something in the future :) mine cost $70 though...

I put in a fairly low wattage heat cord - 50W ($30). I have an 80W in reserve, but haven't needed it. The warm spot is above the cord on the basking (VCR/DVD) shelf where I get nice 32 degree readings. That is where I have my thermostat probe. The branch below is lucky to hit 25 during the day at the moment because it's very cold in that room. I've found that in enclosures where my Darwins have a choice of a shelf or a branch, the adults generally opt for the shelf, so now I design accordingly and make that the basking spot. Ra hasn't used his hide box at all. He seems to feel quite secure on the shelf with its low ceiling. When I put the female in with him, they both opted for that spot most of the time. Haven't caught them in the act yet, but I'm hoping that it has happened. They had a week together, so now I'm giving them a few days apart.

A final update - the enclosure is complete because I finally put the resident in the penthouse suite! I built a woma enclosure in the top portion before I even had a woma. Now my Boodarie girl has outgrown my largest tub and it was time for her to move in tonight:
DSC04104.jpg

With her upstairs and the albino downstairs, it's a lovely piece!
DSC04112.jpg

Hi where did you get that background for the big enclosure from. It looks the goods

Looks fantastic, and if I had any room in my house I'd go hunting lol.
LED lights are also available in a wide range from IKEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back