Foam Boxes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjohnson64

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me where to buy foam boxes for transporting reptiles in please. I can't find one anywhere.

Thanks

Pete

Rang our fruit shop. He wants 20c each. I can probably just scrape that up. So, now, do I fill the box with shredded newspaper and haw many holes do I put in it? and put the lizards in a pillow case?

Foam eskies work ok and are cheap. I usually add a few holes and build a stronger box around them out of ply an provide a rope handle at the top so handlers/transport companies "naturally" tend to carry them the right way up. (If you provide a secure handle, most people will pick them up using it.)

--
Herp Shop - http://www.herpshop.com.au
hs_CompleteChondro_thumb.jpg

January 2006 Herp Shop Special
Order your copy of the
** Hot off the press **
"The More Complete Chondro"
during January 2006 and receive a bonus free Oz Herp Thermometer and Oz Herp Hygrometer with each copy.
These neat little units normally sell for $6 each or $10 the pair.
hs_OzHerpTherHygro_thumb.jpg

peterjohnsonWhenI'm64 said:
Rang our fruit shop. He wants 20c each. I can probably just scrape that up.

If you have trouble getting the 20c, and you want to sell that intergrade, just let me know!

:p

Hix

Pete.
A friend uses those foam 6pak esky types but they are becoming as rare as hens teeth to get hold of where we are. I've even seen eggs incubated in them as well. If you come across a sourse for these let me know.

You could also try local reteraunts. The BF says when he was working as a chef they used to get heaps of produce delivered in them same with fresh Seafood shops

yommy,
Have you tried bunnings for those eskies? I haven't checked recently but I bought one from my local store about 6 months ago.

Yep, got the foam boxes. Patty went down so the guy gave them to her for free. So that saved me 40c and now I dont have to sell the hybrid to Hix. Phew!!!

yommy, most supermarkets ie coles woolies etc sell the 6 pac eskys, or should I say chilly bins.
Even some gas stations sell them.

PeterJohnson...... Also try any of your local supermarkets...... I am a Produce manager for Woolworths.... We give them away to customers on a daily basis..

Wow, surfcop, thanks fro that. I will also remember that one too

But at the moment, I now have 3 spare foam boxes so if anyone in the area needs one....... (And a great big paper shredder at work)

i got mine from the petshop. They give it away for free.

Woolies in Darwin City (the old one) have both the 6 pack and the full size ones. I think the 6 pack ones were about $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back