food and health

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesr

Reaction score
hey
i just made some food for my lizards only fruit and veggies and a few plants i was just wondering if i should blend some dog food?mince?Calcium?bearded dragon food?or any other things they might need for their health next time i do it.
any suggestions would be grate;)

Jamesr
wat veggies and fruits did you put in???
and yea i normaly poor a little bit of calcium powder in to my mixes and stir it through but i normaly
just dip the woodies in it before i feed them
JAyy

thanks i went to that site but i didnt bother to read all of it.
but is it alright to give lizards rep cal on their veggies? and dose anyone think i should mix some bearded dragon food from the pet shop in with it?and this might sound a bit dumb but i have a spare about 1 foot florescent tube holder is that big enough for a 2 footer?

Jamesr
wat veggies and fruits did you put in???
and yea i normaly poor a little bit of calcium powder in to my mixes and stir it through but i normaly
just dip the woodies in it before i feed them
JAyy
ok thank you
umm i cant really remember all of it but i put in dandelion leaves,clovers,apples,pears,lots of green beans,mango,parsley,celery and zunnichi i was goanna put some dog food in but i only had dried veggie/beef and i didnt know if it was alright also i was goanna but mince but i didnt know if it was alright (but after reading that i dont think im goanna give my lizards mince).
thanks

Hey,
yeah i just went and made a quick mix for my two hatchies,
tinned dog food,pear,apple,carrot,bok choy and poured sum calcium powder on top of it ...

JAyy

okay thanks um how much rep cal did you out in?
and dose anyone know how big of a light florescent light tube i will need for a 2 footer?

are ur lizards beardies?
if so, i wouldnt give them dog food (some people do though) cos they dont handle fat too well.

its best to dust one feed of bugs per day with calcium, 5 days a week and 1 feed per day with vitamins 2 days per week.

a 1 foot flourescent in a 2 foot tank is fine as long as the lizard can get within 6-8 inches of it, so just be clever with how u position it. any further than 6-8 inches and the UV isnt @ the optimal strength.

fruit should only be given 2 times a week due to its sugar content, and carrot only once a week cos of the vitamin a, parsley is high in phosphorus or something and binds calcium absorption,...

butternut pumpkin is very popular to give the salads some colour.

thats all assuming its a beardy though, not really sure thats what ur talking about,....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back