food for thought and bluetongues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I was stressing over where my next snails were going to come from to feed my pinktongue skink as i had exhausted my supply.
It goes against the grain to spend $17.00 on a can of snails from the petshop so ive made do with mince with additives,ok but not great.
i was in a deli the other day that caters to european and asian tastes when i noticed a can of escargo(snails).It appears the indonesians loves escargo as much as the french.Checked the label water salt spices,the price,$2.50 and snached up a couple of cans.After rinsing well to get salt and spices off i offered it to the bluetongues,they went crazy for the stuff.Next i tried it on sctimpy the stumpytail,no worries.Pinky the pinktongue thought it was xmas when i offered them to him to..woohoo.
One question.as the canned snails have no shell i was wondering if they need the shell for ..calcium or other elements ??
Does anyone else use these indonesian snails??
baz

Attachments

• aaa.JPG
    aaa.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 106
  • aa1.JPG
    aa1.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 68
  • aac.JPG
    aac.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 72
  • aas.JPG
    aas.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 66
  • aaswa.JPG
    aaswa.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 68
all my blueys and shinglebacks dont eat the shell anyway, they spit it out, so i wouldnt worry bout it

must check shops for them, thanks for the tip!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back