Free Turtle to keeper in Mackay!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

expansa1

Reaction score
Hi,
There is an elderly couple near Mackay who can no longer
look after their 3 year old Murray River turtle. It is dog tame and
loves a scratch under the chin. They have been told by NPWS (Bless
their hearts) to euthanase the turtle if they can't find anyone to
take it.

Can someone please find it in their heart to help out by offering this
turtle a home?

Please contact me by sending a private email if you can.
If you know of a reptile keeper living in or near Mackay please let them know and see if they can help out!

Regards,

Craig

come on people, with all the members here surely someone can take this turtle on. Sounds like a gorgeous animal. Sorry that I am not in Mackay. Good luck finding a home for it Craig.

I am not in Mackay. If you get desperate and noone will take it I would be happy to arrange and pay for freight. Including a courier to pick the animal up and take it to aae.

Chees,
Brodie

Brodie_W said:
I am not in Mackay. If you get desperate and noone will take it I would be happy to arrange and pay for freight. Including a courier to pick the animal up and take it to aae.

Chees,
Brodie

Hi Brodie,
Thanks for the offer. Good to see that there are still people around that care, like you!
Can you pm me your details, ie address etc and phone number so that I can give them your details to discuss this option.

Regards,

Craig
[email protected]

No I doubt it. It would probably only be around 12-13cm itself.

Craig

re Free

I think browneye and steve 6610 and jungle freak live up that way,pretty close anyways expansa give or take a thousand miles or so :lol:

hi craig,
i'm in mackay, i just talked to mum and she is interested in it,

cheers,
steve......

hi craig,
have emailed you our phone number, if it hasn't already found a home
we will give him one, no way we will let him be euthanased

cheers,
steve.........

hi olive,
we have one guy now and have been talking about getting a couple more, i would have replyed before but missed this post until tonight,

cheers,
steve.......

hi all,
just letting you all know i'll be contacting the couple about their turtle tomorrow if they are home and if all goes well, i'll post some pics asap,

cheers,
steve.......
ps.thanks craig,

if you haven't found anybody yet i would deffinatly take the little guy i live just outside mackay, pm me if so.. wes

Sounds like it's found a few good options for a new home.

Glad to hear it won't be put down. :D

hi all,
i have contacted the couple with the turtle and made arrangments to pick it up thursday, i talked to the lady and she was a very nice person to talk to, the only reason she is doing this is because he has become to hard for her to handle, she was told he wouldn't grow any bigger then a bread plate, but he is already bigger, she is upset at having to part with him, but wants him to end up in an outdoor pond, as i had planed to build a pond in my bluey's pit she was very happy, and just a side note , i just picked up my first turtle a couple days ago and she was also happy that her turtle would have a friend, so everybody's happy, i'll post some pics of both my turtles and also the inside tank that they will be in, (until the pond is built)

i asked her about it being put down and she told me that even though she was told that was the only option if she couldn't find a home, that she would never have been able to do it,

cheers,
steve........

Steve, wonderful thing. love you mate.

lol, come on peter, :oops: peter loves me, :shock:
thats a change from us having a go at each other
theres hope for us after all, :wink:

thanks peter,

cheers,
steve......

hi wesa,
pm me if you want, i'd be interested if catching up if your close to me, i live about 20 minites south of mackay ,

cheers,
steve......

everythings different when its turtles steve. i adore turtles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back