Freight question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakes4me2

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi there peoples, I am going to pt my darling little darwin on a plane on Saturday :cry: and was wondering do they need to see the movement advice form before she goes on the plane or can it just go inside with her?

Thanks
Ian

I always stick my export permit on the outside of the container in full view. I show it to the freight company before they send (they won't accept the snake without viewing it).

Do i need an export permit from Qld? I have the movement advice form and didint think i needed an export permit here?

I always put mine in a pastic sleeve folded and taped to the lid i believe that this is the requirement. if you are using australian air express they will ask you to fill out a form with both yours and the recipients full details which you can get from your movemnt advie if it is in view. they also require that the animals are in bags with the necks double tied i just use a cable tie.
i put some on the plane last night nearly got knocked back because the guy didn't think that the plastic container was strong enough i managed to convince him otherwise. The container i used was a standard click clack. you can drill a hole in both handle when closed and use another cable tie through the drilled holes to secure the lid. you can get a click clack on for about $52 the next size up is closer to $70.

Hope this helps

no export permit required just the qld movement advice. i ask for the import permit that the other states require to be send to me as proof that the sale i am about to make is to a licenced person. otherwise how do you now if they have approval to import. I also attach a copy of this to the bottom of the container in a sleeve on the container incase the courier company have any problems. the last thing you want is for them to retain your animal while they decide if they wish to release them or not.

Thanks tarzan it does, I have a 6 pack eski that i will drill some holes in and make sure its secure. Will make sure i use zip ties. I will be using Aae, do they have the plastic invoice slips there?

no export permit required just the qld movement advice. i ask for the import permit that the other states require to be send to me as proof that the sale i am about to make is to a licenced person. otherwise how do you now if they have approval to import. I also attach a copy of this to the bottom of the container in a sleeve on the container incase the courier company have any problems. the last thing you want is for them to retain your animal while they decide if they wish to release them or not.

Thats not a bad idea, could save a bit of trouble

i just use plan sleeves that you can remove from any old plastic folder the A4 type document folders. If you can get it into a small container you will save yourself some coin if you contact AAE and tell them the dimensions of your box they will quote you a price anthing over about 300mmx300mmx300mm is about $70 then i just goes up and up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back