freshwater croc photos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok well i am going to have to admit it............................... im jealous! and so would my missus be if she was allowed to have a salty! lucky person you are! what you going to do regarding housing forthem as they grow up tohugh?? have you considered it much?

wow, i'm amazed everytime i see a croc as a pet, they're amazing & beautiful animals but just don't think i could deal with having a fully grown croc. how long does it take to get that big? good on you so cute.

ok well i am going to have to admit it............................... im jealous! and so would my missus be if she was allowed to have a salty! lucky person you are! what you going to do regarding housing forthem as they grow up tohugh?? have you considered it much?

yeah thats all sorted, for the salty im building a garage with an outdoor area and then when he gets too big for that he will get a 3 car garage with an outdoor area and the freshies will get the smaller garage.

wow. in 2 days my croc has settled in so much more, he was smashing crickets in front of us the other night, and last night, as soon as i put the chopped up fuzzy in the tank he swam over, beached himself and ate it infront of us. i think in a few weeks time ill try to get him to feed out of the tweezers.
its quite an amazing sight to see a croc feeding. ill try get some videos for everyone if he will eat with the lights on.
here are some photos anyway. he is definately not shy anymore, just lazing around on his landing all night with us walking right up to him taking photos.

That seems like a bloody lot of food......you scarfing him to grow quick or something??

not really scarfing, just feed him what he will eat, they arent exact numbers, just advaged out,(my spelling is crap as you can see)i put 10 new fish in each week, they dont seem to last long, offer him three fuzzies every 2 days, and chicken probably once a week, some times he will eat it all and still look hungry, so i will feed him more, some weeks he wont eat anything and others he will justhammer down the goldfish and ignore everything else. i used to feed him crickets and stuff aswell, but its a bit of a waste now. yabbies(when i can get hold of them) i will dump 10-15 in his tub, and he will pick them off over the coming weeks. hes nearly doubled his length over the past 6 months, im hoping he will do the same over the next 6.

yeah mine will feed nearly every night if i offer it.
i feed 2 fuzzy mice every 2 days and last night i fed him 3 fuzzies. i give him crickets nearly every day because i love watching him do the whole stalk and ambush thing.
whenever i have chicken i feed him that too.
also i did have goldfish in there but they all got eaten over time. i have about 15neons in there too, but they are to quick for Irwin i think.
im hunting down a saw shell turtle to put in the tank with him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back