Frieght costs for a Labrador Pup??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza09

Reaction score
We're looking into getting a Labrador Pup and have found a few far away,

I was wondering if anyone on here has ever freighted a dog or cat or been sent one before and a rough idea of what something like that costs,

Is it more than reptiles?

Anyone out there breed Chocolate or Black Labs as well?

cost about 150-200 :) freighting them is fine as long as you can put up with aae

I'd always go road with dogs rather than flight. But yeah, it's $150-200.

Why don't you just go to a local dog show and check out some local labs? A lot of good breeders never advertise as they don't have to.

I'm pretty sure there is a reputable Lab breeder around Tumut. that's not too far from you, right? Have you checked out the Breeders Association?

I've never freighted a puppy and would avoid it where possible...

Try Dogs NSW they will give you a list of breeders.
Flying is done by weight and that includes the box you use. Ring AAE

where u graftonchic. ave u checked ur PM

im out here in about 10min please see PM:D:D

There's a local place that has them, but they're just a bit out of my price range, I'm after one for my girlfriend's birthday in April and to save the amount theyre asking on my budget would be near on impossible.

another place has "pure-bred"s for $250 in Sale, which wouldnt be too bad of a travel,

Pity she doesn't want a farm dog like I own haha, easy to find around here.

There was some Black Labs in the paper here for $200 recently, I just need to track down the owners to see if theyre breeding again.

I really didn't want to spend more than about $700.

I've been hanging out on a few different websites, just gotta wait for the right one to come along.

If they are under $3-500 then seriously don't bother, you can't breed a litter of dogs, feed them quality food, have the parents genetically tested and have them vaccinated for under $250.

You're after a family pet right?

In regards to being pure - unless they register YOUR puppy it isn't considered pure. I don't care whether its parents look like labs or not.

Puppy listings:
http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/puppies/labrador-retriever.asp?state=NSW&Submit=Go

Breeding listings:
http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/puppies/labrador-retriever.asp?state=NSW&Submit=Go

Just because they are on this list does NOT mean they are good breeders. DO NOT touch a Labrador without hip and elbow scores and ensure the results are BELOW average. Also ask for PRA test results and you want your dog to be clear or a carrier but NOT affected. Since you're not breeding it doesn't matter if its a carrier.

Get a breeder who is ANKC registered and if you want to go one step further and get a really good breeder get one affiliated with the MDBA (Masters Dog Breed Association.)

DO NOT touch a dog if they won't put it on the limited register.

Thanks Midol,
You've convinced me not to cheapen out on buying a pup,

Do you breed dogs?

Just what I was going to say.

Try to meet the breeder (make sure they are registered and reputable) in person. Check out the pups and the breeder should be able to advise you of a pup that suits you/your girlfriend.

Labs suffer from hip/elbow problems, and they can be genetic, so the scores that Midol was talking about is important.

Any pup under $500 probably wont be registered, nor health tested, vaccinated, wormed etc....and you wont be getting a healthy puppy.

Lots of people wait months and months for a puppy, so do your homework on suitable breeders and read up on the breed, what to look for etc.

Dogzonline is a wealth of info, you could even join there and ask, or check out the breeders listed.

Puppy listings for Labs in NSW are in the link below, but the page also has a full list of breeders.

Note that a listed, registered breeder does not necessarily mean they are producing good quality pups! The breeder's register just means that they have paid a registration fee and they breed dogs that are purebred. It doesn't mean that they are compelled to breed for good hip scores, free from genetic problems etc. If you are looking for a black Lab breeder in Sydney, PM me and I will give you the name of one to avoid!

I've been hanging out on dogzonline and was there about a year ago when looking for my current dog, Pud

I've even been talking to a local breeder that is listed on there, her dogs are beautiful, and she displays the hip/elbow scores on her website, but just a bit out of my range at the moment,

I'm looking all over NSW Jess, so feel free to PM me,

Dezza, nah, I don't breed - but I am on dogzonline under the same username as this one :D

I want to get into rescue, breeding isn't for me. I could never say goodbye to the little bundles!

Just be sure you take in what JessB said, heaps of people go to registered breeders as they assume that = ethical but it's simply not true. I've never seen an MDBA breeder who is unethical though.

Labs aren't a breed I follow so I can't recommend any breeders of black or chocolate labs.

if you ring the tarraray pet retreat on 02 66534423 ask for jenine who is the owner she'll be able to give you heaps of info.

jaz (use to work at blue &white vet clininc in coffs harbour nsw)

Hey,
if your looking for a reputable breeder send me a pm and Ill help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back