Frog Breeding Advise

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eylandt

Hey all, my Green Trees are of mature age this year and Im hoping to breed them. Now lately my males have been quite noisey keeping me up all night with their croaking but Ive noticed no change with my females. I currently have 4 males and 3 females in a 1200 H x 600 L x 600 W tank with 3/4 of their surface being water. Ive thrown a water heater in which has raised the water temps to around 26C.

Is there any advise that other Frog breeders could give me on the whole process from "the deed" to "the sale" as Ive never bred frogs before and the small amount of info Ive found on the web has been quite contradictive.

Many thanks in advance.

hey man i wish i could help you out but I am literally stuck in the exact same situation only ive got two males and a female. They go in and out of amplexus but the female never wants too. I think its coz she dosnt have any eggs??? Not sure either
Good luck to both of us :)

Same i am in the same boat with my red eyes.He is always croaking and they go in a out of amplexus. Good luck to all of us!!!

Trust me, your lucky if they don't lay....... wait for a hot night with a thunderstorm, put the frogs in a tub outside, makesure it has overflow drains, a partial mesh lid and is sealed well and safe for the frogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back