frog help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikep

Reaction score
hi i recently purchased 4 green tree frogs. thier is a couple of questions. i have an aqurium heater, heated at 38 degrees. i have a uv light turned on during the day. for the ground i have pebbles as they drop off to make a pool but they could be to small. so can i feed my frog outside the tank. also i want to do this cause thier only babies and one frog eats all the food. is the tank hot enough thanks

Yeah if anything 38 is probably too hot. 24-28 is warm enough.

I have 3 out of my 4 older frogs are big and one is medium. I have worked out the medium guy is not such a good cricket catcher and the others steal his food. So I now use tweezers and hand feed him so I know he gets food. I do this inside the enclosure as they don't like being picked up and usually try to bolt as soon as they get out anyway.

I also have 3 babies in another container inside the enclosure, they all get hand fed so I know they're all getting something. I am happier with the new babies than I am with the older ones. I didn't hand feed the bigger ones when they were babies, probably the reason for the slower frog not growing as well.

Hi

I was just wondering if you could help me!

At my farm i found lots of these little frogs. I found some that were light & dark green and light & dark brown. They came in all different types of sizes (they are really small) They smallest one I found was about the same size as my finger nail.

I want to keep some but i was wondering if i could (i have a frog licence)
I don't know if they are endangered or not.

It would really help if you told me what type of frog they are!

Thanks so much

Maddy

Allways best to start a new thread for your own questions, but anyway, your licence doesn't allow you to catch or keep wild frogs, you need to purchase them from a breeder ect..

Frogs

Hi it's me again:D

Here are some pictures of the frogs at my farm
It might help a bit

From Maddy;)
I hope you can help me

Attachments

• Maddies pictures 2009 159.jpg
    Maddies pictures 2009 159.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Maddies pictures 2009 160.jpg
    Maddies pictures 2009 160.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Maddies pictures 2009 188.jpg
    Maddies pictures 2009 188.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 65
i dont think it matters what type of frog it is, i dont think your aloud to capture any wild animals unless they are injured and in need of care?? not sure though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back