Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmikk

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what sort of frog this is please? I see quite a few of them around here, Redlands area of SE Qld. It is about the size of a 10-20 cent piece, and I am confident that is the full grown size.

Attachments

• Green Frog1.jpg
    Green Frog1.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Green Frog2.jpg
    Green Frog2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 72
  • Green Frog3.jpg
    Green Frog3.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 71
About the same size as the Litoria fallax MrB but unlike the fallax this one is not all green. It has a cream underbelly, with a dark brown horizontal band running from its nose to just past its shoulder.

I am thinking it is a Litoria Bicolor or Northern Sedge Frog, appearance is identical, the only thing that doesn't fit is the range, the Sedge frog is usualy found in Northern parts of Australia and south to about Mackay, not SE Qld.

Have a look at the Sedge frog at this link and here is the fallax, they are quite different and I am thinking the frog I photographed is more like the sedge frog, what do you think?

Last edited:
To my understanding L. fallax are extremely variable in colour and pattern, so i'm still pretty confident.

A little more research and I think you guys are right, as you said MrB they do apparently vary in colour, another pic here shows a closer resemblance to what I photographed

Isnt Litoria fallax also known as sedge frog and dainty green tree frog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back